Call Us Today to Get Started!
In-Home Training For Your Convenience
Our in-home training service is our most flexible and convenient option. You and your dog can enjoy the benefit of private lessons in the comfort of your own home. Your dog will feel safe in his own environment and more receptive to learning new skills. This service is especially beneficial for dogs who are easily distracted or struggle with socialization skills. We’ll create a customized lesson plan for you and your dog to learn communication and obedience skills. Our flexible schedules allow you to work on training when it’s most convenient for you, and you can advance at your own pace.
We always begin our training sessions with an assessment of your dog’s current behavior and skill level. It’s ideal to begin training at the puppy or young-adult stage, but we have experience working with all ages. You’ll soon build the confidence to communicate with your dog in an effective way and our trainers will equip you with all of the necessary skills for your individual lifestyle.
An Overview of Our Training Process
You have the option of focusing on multiple areas of dog training, whether it’s obedience skills or reducing problematic behaviors:
- Basic obedience – This includes common verbal cues like come, sit, stay, lay down, and heel. Basic cues are the building blocks to use in all other areas of training.
- Leash training – We can teach you leash training techniques to avoid pulling and straying while on walks. If you want something more advanced, you can also learn how to walk your dog off-leash.
- Crate training – Using a crate can be helpful with housetraining or to prevent destructive behaviors when you leave your home.
- Housetraining – Our trainers know the most effective and quick techniques to housetrain your dog, whether he’s a puppy or an adult. You’ll learn to interpret visual cues to prevent accidents inside your home.
- Behavioral issues – Our trainers can also help you change unwanted behaviors like excessive barking or chewing. We can teach you how to establish firm boundaries to prevent jumping and nipping or play biting.
- Separation anxiety – If your dog turns to destructive behaviors whenever you leave the house, we can help lessen his anxiety through various coping strategies. You won’t have to worry about leaving your dog home alone and returning to a disaster!
- Advanced skills – Maybe your dog already has basic obedience skills and you’re looking to take them to the next level. We can help teach your dog more advanced skills like retrieving or performing various tricks like paw shaking or standing up.
Working with a trainer in your home provides you with the individual attention that your dog needs. The lessons are fully customizable to your dog’s behavior and skill level. You can work at your own pace and schedule the lessons at your convenience. Our in-home training service is a great option for those who want to establish basic obedience skills before participating in a group class. We provide you with homework at the end of every lesson to encourage consistent practice. Weekly sessions are recommended, however, you may schedule them as frequently as you need.